Friday, October 22, 2010

Trivial Pursuit for Book-Lovers

Children's: What four-letter word did Diane Swanson pick for the title of her book about food and its digestion?

Classics: What George Eliot opus introduced the idealistic Dorothea Brooke, stuck in a disastrous marriage to an aging scholar named Casaubon?

Non-Fiction: What Dan Zevin tale of adult "firsts" is subtitled Confessions of a Reluctant Grown-Up?

Book Club: What 1996 book opens ominously: "My father and mother should have stayed in New York where they met and married and where I was born"?

Authors: What Italian-American author described himself as "olive-skinned in a freckle-faced town," in 1992's Unto the Sons?

Book Bag: What group kept the Foundation on the straight and narrow, in Isaac Asimov's classic sci-fi series?

5 comments:

Harriet M. Welsch said...

Children's: Burp
Classics: Middlemarch
Non-Fiction: ?
Book Club: Angela's Ashes, I think. That was my first thought anyway, but I will admit I went looked up the publication date because I thought it was older than that.
Authors: ?
Book Bag: ? Sci-fi is definitely not my area of expertise.

A tough bunch this week!

Karen said...

The George Eliot book has to be Middlemarch.

BC: Angela's Ashes
BB: The Second Foundation
(A circle has no end.)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Classics: Middlemarch

Book Club: Angela's Ashes

I agree, this one is tough!

Karen K. said...

How embarassing, I only knew Middlemarch.

Jeanne said...

Children's: Burp!
Classics: Middlemarch
Non-Fiction: The Day I Turned Uncool
Book Club: Angela's Ashes
Authors: Gay Talese
Book Bag: Second Foundation

This was a tough one--but it's good we always get the classics, at least!