Friday, October 1, 2010

Trivial Pursuit for Book-Lovers

Children's: What member of the Grateful Dead co-wrote with his sister Wendy an environmental children's book called Panther Dream?

Classics: What nickname for 12-year-old Dolores Haze is the title of a 1955 novel?

Non-Fiction: What 1987 Allan Bloom tome called American culture "a Disneyland version of the Weimar Republic for the whole family"?

Book Club: Who won a 1998 Pulitzer for his multigenerational novel American Pastoral?

Authors: What best-selling Aussie author moved to tiny Norfolk Island, where she met and married a local descendant of Fletcher Christian?

Book Bag: Who created the world of Darkover, then made it available for other writers to set stories there?

6 comments:

FreshHell said...

Children's: Bob Weir (god help me for knowing this!)
Classics: Lolita

Jenny said...

Classics: Lolita
Book Club: Philip Roth
Book Bag: Marion Zimmer Bradley

(I think)

Harriet M. Welsch said...

Children's: ?
Classics: Lolita
Non-Fiction: The Closing of the American Mind
Book Club: Philip Roth
Authors: Colleen McCullough?
Book Bag: Marion Zimmer Bradley. As much as I loved The Mists of Avalon, I've never been able to deal with her sci fi.

Jeanne said...

Children's: Bob Weir
Classics: Lolita
Non-Fiction: The Closing of the American Mind
Book Club: Philip Roth
Authors: Coleen McCullough
Book Bag: Marion Zimmer Bradley

This may have been the hardest yet--congratulations on getting all of them collectively (especially to Harriet, who got all but one).

Care said...

I would have known the Lolita one. Yay me!

Alyce said...

The only one that I got was Colleen McCullough, but I'm usually happy if I can get at least one right. :)