Friday, January 14, 2011

Trivial Pursuit for Book-Lovers

Children's: What bestseller did Dorothy Kunhardt come up with in 1940, after pasting tactile objects into a book for her three-year-old daughter, Edith?

Classics(?): Who was the first of Vito Corleone's sons to bite the dust?

Non-Fiction: What sport's early history, including Merkle's Boner and Snodgrass' Muff, did Lawrence Ritter bring to life in The Glory of Their Times?

Book Club: What 1980 novel introduced a blue-eyed Cro-Magnon orphan adopted by Neaderthals?

Authors: What San Francisco novelist insists his name is real, despite its suspicious anagram "is a man I dreamt up"?

Book Bag: What debut Roy Blount novel tells the story of Guy Fox, the first man to impregnate a U.S. president?

8 comments:

Harriet M. Welsch said...

Children's: Pat the Bunny
Classics: Sonny? I don't remember this very well and what I do remember, I know only from the movies
Non--Fiction: Baseball
Book Club: Clan of the Cave Bear
Authors: Armistead Maupin!
Book Bag: ?

And with that, I'm off to the university to talk about Habermas for a few hours. Wish me luck.

Karen K. said...

I am pathetic. I only know two: Children's is Pat the Bunny and Book Club is Clan of the Cave Bear. I couldn't even remember the name of Vito Corleone's sons.

bermudaonion said...

I think I know one this week! I think the book club book is The Clan of the Cave Bear.

Karen said...

Classics: Sonny? But I only watched the movie, and that only once.

Book Club: Clan of the Cave Bear

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Classics: Sonny

Authors: Armistead Maupin (I just read Tales of the City last year)

Betty (Beth) said...

Well, in the movie it was Sonny, so I'm gonna go with that. :-)

As for the rest, no clue.

Memory said...

Ha! I knew two, for the first time in ages and ages, and others beat me to them. :)

Jeanne said...

Children's: Pat the Bunny
Classics: Santino, or Sonny
Non-Fiction: Baseball
Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear
Authors: Armistead Maupin
Book Bag: First Hubby

Well played, all!