Friday, November 5, 2010

Trivial Pursuit for Book-Lovers

Children's: What was the last name of the brothers Jacob and Wilhelm who published Children's and Household Tales in 1812?

Classics: What title kicks off Paul Scott's Raj Quartet?

Non-Fiction: What landmark is celebrated by Nicholas Shrady's book Tilt: A Skewed History, cut at a rakish angle?

Book Club: What daughter of a Pulitzer winner for nonfiction was nominated for a National Book Award for her novel Gorgeous Lies?

Authors: What author of The Screwtape Letters was better known by his first two initials than by "Clive Staples"?

Book Bag: What romance author made a successful crossover to "chick lit" with L.A. Woman?

9 comments:

FreshHell said...

Children's: Grimm
Authors: C.S. Lewis

Karen K. said...

I am so lame. . . I only know two of these.

Children's: Grimm
Authors: C. S. Lewis

edj3 said...

I knew one!

Betty (Beth) said...

Children's Grimm
Authors: C.S. Lewis

Woo! Two today! :-)

Karen said...

1. Grimm
3. Leaning Tower of Pisa?
5. C.S. Lewis, of course!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Children's: Grimm

Classics: The Jewel in the Crown (this has been on my TBR for awhile)

Non-Fiction: Tower of Pisa

Authors: Lewis!

Jenny said...

Children's: Grimm
Classics: The Jewel in the Crown (best pre-hurricane impulse buy of my life)
Authors: CS Lewis

readersguide said...

Oh! Just put me down for exactly freshhell's answers.

Oh, I knew the Jewel in the Crown, too -- I think it was on pbs for year and years and years in my youth.

Jeanne said...

Children's: Grimm
Classics: The Jewel in the Crown
Non-Fiction: The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Book Club: Martha McPhee
Authors: C.S. Lewis
Book Bag: Cathy Yardley

And I'd never heard of Martha McPhee or Cathy Yardley either!