Friday, March 19, 2010

Trivial Pursuit for Book-Lovers

Children's: What Dr. Seuss character declares "I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues"?

Classics: What Henry James novel paints a picture of Isabel Archer's trip to Europe to "affront her destiny"?

Non-Fiction: What famous father was blackmailed through the 1970s for having sold groceries to the Nazis, according to Carol Ann Lee's 2002 biography?

Book Club: What ballet great's turbulent life does Colum McCann fictionalize in the novel Dancer?

Authors: Who eased into the book market with "For Teens" versions of his father's Life Strategies and Ultimate Weight Solution books?

Book Bag: What Stephen King short story starts: "In previous years, Harold Parkette had always taken pride in his lawn"?

7 comments:

Harriet said...

Children's: The Lorax
Classics: Portrait of a Lady
Non-Fiction: Ann Frank's father?
Book Club: Nureyev
Authors: Dr. Phil's son. I don't know his name
Book Bag: No idea. I have read very little King. I like his writing, but not his genre.

Anna said...

The Lorax is one of my all-time favorite books!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Unfocused Me said...

Lawnmower Man? Can't believe I don't know this offhand.

Betty (Beth) said...

Children's: The Lorax

And I sadly had no clue on the rest, but I'll be interested to find out the answers. :-)

Unknown said...

Children's: Lorax
Classics: Portrait of a Lady
Non-Fiction: Otto Frank
Book Club: Nureyev
Authors: ??
Book Bag: The Lawnmower Man (read the story. The movie is unrelated to the book, and prompted a lawsuit from King if I remember correctly)

Jeanne said...

Collectively, we got them all, with Harriet and Jeremiah only missing one each!

Children's: The Lorax
Classics: The Portrait of a Lady
Non-Fiction: Otto Frank
Book Club: Rudolf Nureyev's
Authors: Jay McGraw (who is indeed Dr. Phil's son)
Book Bag: The Lawnmower Man

Thanks for playing!

Care said...

I never seem to know the Children's books. I've actually read Portrait of a Lady. yay for me.